Joining our team.
We are always looking for new team members and welcome you to send us your CV if you have skills in the outdoor education and outward bound sectors or are looking to start down the path of getting into the industry.
Current positions available:Job Title:
Outdoors Adventure Leaders and Assistants for Childrens School Holiday Day Camps and Adult outdoor adventure courses.
The Surrey Hills Adventure Company is a family run business based in the heart of the Surrey Hills. We are currently seeking outdoor enthusiasts to join our expanding team on a self employed basis.Sucessful applicants will be working alongside our leaders delivering woodland adventure days, bushcraft courses and other outdoor skills workshops and activities. On the job training will be provided & we can help support additional external training.
Duties to include:
- Instructing & educating small groups in fire lighting and management skills.
- Demonstrating & instructing the safe use of hand tools & basic bushcraft techniques .
- General camp management
- Assist in the running of Birthday parties and corporate experiences
- Lead & participate in outdoor, wide games
- Instructing in den building
- work with ropes & knot tying
- Basic cooking on an open fire
- Work to a high standard of Health & Safety & with an Ethical approach to the use of the countryside
Experience and Qualifications required
- An enthusiasm for outdoor education and pursuits
- The ability to communicate clearly & effectively
- Work as part of a team
- Previous experience or work with young people preferred.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Range of outdoor experience and qualifications accepted and desired but not essential. If you have a passion for the outdoors we are looking for you.
- Successful applicants will be required to have an enhanced DBS check
- The ability to communicate effectively with young people, adults and work as part of a team with a positive and enthusiastic approach.
- The ability to think on your feet, lead a team and use insticts and initiative .Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
As a growing company we are looking to develop team members to become more permanant members of the team, as we grow we will endeavour to keep our team growing with us presenting many furture opportunities for training, experience and promotion.
Various rates of pay based on experience and qualifications.
We are based on Leith Hill in the Heart of the Surrey Hills and all work will be undertaken within a 20mile radius.
How to apply:
Please complete the form below and we will be in touch.
Work opportunities available from March 2017
If you think you can bring something different but relevant to our team please fill out the form below.