Welcome to The Surrey Hills Adventure Company -
The Home of Adventure in Surrey.
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding Tuition and Guiding - The SHACs Lagoon - Reigate
- SUP Yoga - The SHACs Lagoon Reigate
- SUP River Safaris - Various Locations
- Open Water/Wild Swimming - The SHACs Lagoon Reigate
- School Holiday Activity Days - Belmont School, Holmbury St Mary
- Mountain Bike Skills Training and Guiding - Various Locations in The Surrey Hills
- Bushcraft and Survival Experiences - Belmont School Holmbury St Mary
- Residential Weeks for young people
- Birthday Parties: SUP/MTB/Woodland Adventures - Various Locations
- Team Building and Corporate Events - Various Locations
Please note that we operate from more than one location so make sure you are coming to the correct location for the activity. Please check your booking confirmation for the location of your activity.
Our water activities take place at The SHACs SUP and Wild Swimming lagoon in Buckland Surrey, please click here for details:
Our Woodland activities and Mountain Biking Courses are held at Belmont School, Holmbury St Mary. Leith Hill.
Introducing The Surrey Hills Adventure Company.Many people believe we are turning into a cotton wool society that are missing out on important experiences that help raise self-esteem, give confidence and increase motivation. The SHAC is here to help redress the balance through adventure.
The PRIMARY objective of SHAC is to help redress the balance by combining outdoor adventure with education and to re-connect children and adults with the great outdoors. We aim to help increase the understanding of the woodland and the water and its ecology whilst introducing the benefits of taking risks in a safe, well managed and informative environment.
Our courses deliver and inspire passion, motivating young people to become successful learners and to develop as healthy, confident, enterprising and responsible citizens with an understanding and mindfulness towards our environment.
The core values of our courses echo the key concepts of outdoor learning and education: Challenge, enjoyment, relevance, depth, development of the whole person and an adventurous approach to learning, connecting your curriculum to the wider world. Through practical, hands on learning children gain a deeper understanding of the concepts taught.
It is often argued that exposing young people to risk is dangerous. We strongly believe that the polar opposite is true. Teaching young people to manage risks and to give them the skills to make good decisions and not to just know facts is extremely important for the development of a young person.
Welcome to the Surrey Hills Adventure Company.